Senior Mobile Software Engineer
A little about us
Communication within and between organisations is broken. We are building a company with a mission to fix this – to enable teams and individuals collaborate effectively within and outside their organisation.
We put people first. We experiment, fail, learn and succeed. We challenge each other and analyse ourselves. Our values are inspired by the Management 3.0 mindset. We never stop improving and we model what we want to see. We foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for us and a better product for our users. Therefore we are building up a civilized workplace.
What you will be doing
A significant part of your work will be prototyping and experimenting with new ideas and features. You will play an important role in our mobile engineering practice, shaping and implementing new features, improving performance, and building beautiful user interfaces. Above all, your work will impact the way the world experiences instant messaging and collaboration.
- Drive best engineering practices within your team(s) and define and teach these.
- Find ways to spread learning and knowledge sharing across the organization, leveling up our engineering practices.
- Mentor other engineers.
- Facilitate collaboration between engineers, product owners, and designers.
- Build state of the art apps that bring happiness to our customers.
- Write clear, maintainable code that will scale across a number of projects and distributed development teams.
- Become a valued member of an autonomous, cross-functional team.
- Developing an understanding of the eyetime community and customers and contributing creative design solutions to improve the experience of using eyetime products.
- Following-through from user research and strategic work through design to detailed completion.
- Iterating on solutions based on internal and external (customer) feedback.
- Participating in the design process, gathering requirements with other engineers and designers, and optimizing designs for a mobile experience.
- Creating measurable success while being self-directed and prioritizing your own workload.
- You can communicate complex topics in simple words.
- You have several years experience of building mobile software.
- You are in love with scrum or other agile ways to work.
- You are familiar with iOS and Android development, using Kotlin, Swift or React Native
- You know how to work hands-on as a Software Engineer in an agile environment.
- You have a deep understanding of the product and business goals which you can translate into tech.
- You care about building and shipping high-quality code
- You have a deep understanding of system design, performance, scalability, data structures, and algorithms and understand how to apply them to design pragmatic solutions that you can tell us about.
- You have experience in rapid prototyping and A/B testing in the mobile app domain.